One morning I realized I had all the ingredients for a quick chocolate chip cookie, so I did a search online to find a useable recipe. I found several that claimed to be the best chocolate chip cookie in the world! That sounded like some pretty big shoes to fill, so I felt I was up to the challenge and gave it a try.
The BEST Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies, Recipe adapted from Daily Rebecca
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (room temperature; not melted)
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk (room temperature)
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the room temperature coconut oil and coconut sugar in a mixing bowl and cream until well combined and fluffy.
- Slowly add the room temperature non-dairy milk and vanilla extract to the creamed mixture until well combined. If your non-dairy milk is not room temperature, place it in a bowl and heat it in the microwave for 15-20 seconds to keep the coconut oil from curdling when adding it.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined (do not overmix).
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Form the cookies into a Tablespoon-sized ball and place onto paper. Gently press the center of the ball to flatten.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
So, are they the best chocolate chip cookies in the world? No, I wouldn’t say the best ever. However, considering how few ingredients they call for, the fact that all of the ingredients are staples that I have in my pantry, and how quick it was to double this recipe and batch freeze the dough, I would definitely claim this recipe as a winner and a favorite!
What is your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe in the world??